Saturday, July 16, 2011

Zayana's Legacy

Hi! I'm Zayana!
Ever wonder how many lives a 16-week old baby can touch? I hadn't either, until God blessed me by being Zayana Grace's mother. Our precious baby girl touched the lives of all who knew her or knew of her. She spent her short life bringing joy and hope to others and taught us about true strength, courage and love.

I want to live my life like my baby girl did. She is my hero. To honor her memory, I am starting From Z with Love. My desire is to bring hope and encouragement to infants with Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI) and their parents.

Many parents who find out they are having a baby with OI have never heard of the condition. A quick Google search will bring horific images and misinformation. It is easy to feel confused, helpless and alone. Lack of awareness in the medical community only worsens the feelings. The good news is, there is a huge network of support, if you know where to look. Even better news- those living with OI are some of the most amazing, resilent and intelligent people to grace this earth.

My hope is to bring that knowldege to new parents through a care package containing resources, altered clothing, a testimonial from someone with OI, and special "love gifts" of some of Zayana's favorite things.

If you know of anyone expecting a baby with OI or someone who has recently had a baby with OI who may like a care package, please contact me at fromzwithlove@yahoo.com

To find out more about Osteogenisis Imperfecta, please visit http://www.oif.org/. To learn more about Zayana and her family, you can following our blog at http://www.mendezmoments.blogspot.com/

Much Love,
Chris Mendez
(Zayana's Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more! My son, Thomas has OI type 3. Our blog:
    http://milkweedmama7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support! We look forward to reading your blog, as well. You can also check out our family blog at www.mendezmoments.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete